Same for me on my 6750xt :(
Text disappears and reappears as I write (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Edge, maybe NotePad -- Windows operating system)
Okay so now I have a very weird issue that I don't even know how to describe. One thing for sure, it's not OVERTYPE mode thing.
I have noticed that on Microsoft Edge and in Microsoft Word sometimes when I write, some of the last characters disappear and reappear when I type. Let me explain this via an example.
Let's say I want to write the word Microsoft.
- Micro types normally
- When I type s, o disappears, so now it's Micr
- When I type o, Microso appears
- Etc.
It happens only occasionally, rarely but it is extremely annoying and I wonder what might be the cause. I have only noticed it in Edge and in Word, maybe also Notepad. Other apps seem to not have this issue, or at least I haven't noticed it.
More interesting thing, while typing messages on twitter today I noticed it once. When typing this very message I didn't notice it happening at all. Since the issue appears so randomly and so rarely I don't have a video to show. But the video would basically look like as if I was typing and removing some parts of the text, then typing it again tbh.
My specs:
Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H
AMD Ryzen 5 5600H (3,30Ghz) with Radeon Graphics + Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 (Radeon GPU is turned off through MUX)
6023 MB VRAM
16 GB RAM
SSD Samsung MZVLB1T0HBLR-000L2
Lith-Polymer battery 60Wh 15.36 V/17.37V
230 WAT Power Brick
2560 x 1440 (QHD) 165Hz
Windows 11 Home 64-bit
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Display and graphics
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-05-01T08:29:07+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-05-01T08:22:20+00:00 I'm on the same windows updated. Just updated my 6600XT to the latest driver. Unfortunately, the issue is not resolved. Going back to 22.5.1
-
Anonymous
2023-05-01T08:06:54+00:00 Yes, I can confirm the issue is gone, still after few days not a single problem.
Hopefully this was intended and it won't break on next update.
-
Anonymous
2023-05-01T00:37:26+00:00 Yes, dwm.exe always restarts immediately since apparently it is integral to Microsoft Windows in recent versions, including Windows 11 where we are having the disappearing/reappearing text problem. So, while it sounds possible that dwm.exe is causing the problem - since it functions between apps and the screen in order to composite multiple windows and/or special effects (e.g., taskbar thumbnails) on the same screen - we are not in a position to actually test the system without dwm.exe, i.e., it would still be up to Microsoft to fix it.
I am also curious re Bostjan Laba's post re Windows 11 update KB5025305 and whether Bostjan has still not seen any recurrence of the disappearing/reappearing text problem. That update is a "preview" update and I generally don't install a "preview" in case it is still buggy in some way. So I am waiting for the next (May) official cumulative update which presumably would include any fixes made via KB5025305 and I can then see if it seems to fix the disappearing/reappearing text problem in my case.
-
Anonymous
2023-04-30T22:06:13+00:00 Today I've installed a new Windows 11 update (KB5025305).
At the moment it seems like the issue is finally fixed. I won't say I'm sure 100% yet, but for the past hour I've had no problems anywhere.
I'm curious, is the issue still gone until now in your case with this update?
UPDATE
Guys, an nVidia staff member has replied to my thread and is asking whether killing dwm.exe (Task Manager -> Details tab -> close dwm.exe) fixes this issue.
In my case dwm.exe restarts immediately after. Not sure how it goes in your cases.
Please post whether this fixes the issue.