I have this problem right now, I notice it mostly in browsers (both Edge and Chrome, so it's not about Microsoft products).
And it must be an input subsystem issue, maybe related to the OS analyzing user input for telemetry and automatic correction.
I really hate those features, I don't need automatic correction and obviously I hate telemetry, why do they need to peek into what we are doing?
What I experience: the last characters disappear and reappear and I feel a little lag, if you type fast it is really annoying, I notice it and I am an average typist, people that type faster than me must be losing their minds.
What software reproduces the bug for me:
Browsers: Edge, Chrome (haven't tried others yet)
I am able to reproduce it in URLs, searches and comments (I don't know if it can be reproduced in all text input sections).
Fortunately I am not experiencing the issue in VIM which is the text editor that I use for work, I don't know about others.
Using a virtual machine with Linux gives me a much smoother experience, I really can't switch OSes right now, otherwise I really would.
With all the resources that Microsoft has we should have a much better product by now, it is really disappointing.
I remember Windows XP, man that OS was lightning fast, what happened??? why the change in all those years has been for worse???