In Microsoft Start, how can I be banned for violating guidelines if I've never commented?

Anonymous
2021-11-25T00:50:39+00:00

I logged in for the first time ever to comment on an article in Microsoft Start. I got a message that I had violated community guidelines. If I've never once tried to comment on anything Microsoft, how can this be? There was no explanation of where this came from.

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

61 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-19T22:03:54+00:00

    This worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-21T04:55:02+00:00

    This didn't work for me. It showed a "Continue" button and as soon as I click on it, it shows "This user has no name". Attempting another time leads to the same "The username violates our guidelines". It's surprising that such a greedy company with ridiculously expensive products only end up making broken garbage.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-05-12T18:49:40+00:00

    I never had anything posted before

    while trying to reply on Ashley Judd - it was said that I was banned ?? for violating guidelines ??

    HUH ??? LMAO

    this is crazy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-19T07:21:55+00:00

    I can't even comment a single word without going under review or them removing my right to post a comment. Wonder what the legality of that is?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-25T15:32:35+00:00

    i got banned for having a profile name that went against the community guidelines. literally was my name lol. so i changed it several times and requested reviews but i get nothing. still banned.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments