In Microsoft Start, how can I be banned for violating guidelines if I've never commented?

Anonymous
2021-11-25T00:50:39+00:00

I logged in for the first time ever to comment on an article in Microsoft Start. I got a message that I had violated community guidelines. If I've never once tried to comment on anything Microsoft, how can this be? There was no explanation of where this came from.

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

61 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-30T19:06:48+00:00

    Hi Hinata,

    well that seems like common sense, challenge is Microsoft never responds to the requests/feedback nor takes any action to address the issue. I am in the same situation - never commented on anything yet my account indicates will be blocked for 72 hours. That started over a year ago and still am blocked. Personally, I have sent in numerous requests for assistance/help but radio silence. Please post worthwhile comments that are helpful. Appreciate your gesture but leads to a dead end. But for some reasons.... I am not surprised.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-30T19:17:42+00:00

    Considering some folks are being banned and never commented, I doubt anything has to do with political bias. I just think it’s Microsoft having a very poor system on commenting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-09T12:58:58+00:00

    I was banned for no reason whatsoever and I had never left a comment.

    ELABORATE MICROSOFT and stop banning people for no apparent explanation.

    Farrier - 10/9/23

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T02:11:07+00:00

    this happened to me just now

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-14T18:25:50+00:00

    I don't know how this happened, I posted nothing at the time I was accused of posting something. I will be honest here. I feel this is an attempt to suppress our freedom of speech. That is the only thing that I can tell as to why this happened. Otherwise, prove me wrong. When a lot of others are being banned for nothing or the lack of any supporting evidence to ban, this tells me that there is a problem with the application, or this is intentionally done. I have to use MS products to do my work but don't restrict my freedoms.

    Thank you for looking into this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments