In Microsoft Start, how can I be banned for violating guidelines if I've never commented?

Anonymous
2021-11-25T00:50:39+00:00

I logged in for the first time ever to comment on an article in Microsoft Start. I got a message that I had violated community guidelines. If I've never once tried to comment on anything Microsoft, how can this be? There was no explanation of where this came from.

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

61 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-25T09:33:54+00:00

    Hi ,TracyGarcia1

    Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for sharing your concern with us today.

    You can click Feedback in the lower right corner of the Microsoft start homepage to submit your question here.

    Hope this helps, and have a nice day.

    Best Regards,

    Hinata

    Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-07T23:01:46+00:00

    I did that as well, trying to comment for the first time ever, and it stated I was blocked for commenting (that I violated their guidelines) when I have no history or log of comments that would do such.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-01T21:45:01+00:00

    I had the same experience just now. I've never posted anything and went to make 1st post ever and now i'm banned before even making any post. Come on Microsoft....don't be the company everyone wants to avoid at all costs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more