In Microsoft Start, how can I be banned for violating guidelines if I've never commented?

Anonymous
2021-11-25T00:50:39+00:00

I logged in for the first time ever to comment on an article in Microsoft Start. I got a message that I had violated community guidelines. If I've never once tried to comment on anything Microsoft, how can this be? There was no explanation of where this came from.

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

61 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-05T13:24:34+00:00

    Yes, they are because, I see some posts submitted by MAGA Heads that are factual incorrect, disrespectful, hateful, and disingenuous but these statements pass the smell test. I post "You should look in the mirror because the GOP stands for nothing." It get flagged.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-05T13:20:54+00:00

    Your Community Guidelines are horrendous. No, wonder the right wing is always complaining about you liberals. How was " You should look in the mirror" deeming or disrespectful? But you so call Community Guidelines allows MAGA heads to say all sort deeming and disrespectful comments. The following statements "this is a place for considerate, inclusive discussion. Everyone here has the right to participate free of: Harassment or Bullying." is very disingenuous. But the pervious statement doesn't applied to MAGA heads.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-08T13:55:07+00:00

    seems that some people may be banned if their xbox account is wonky - so check on that also. microsoft & the microsoft universe is sort of like a humongous octopus - 1 little thing wrong anywhere may bring damnation to the whole cosmos.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-11T01:50:32+00:00

    I wonder about freedom of speech. Are we screened based on political views? Sorry, but this is a good question and deserves a good answer. linda.🌹

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-11T01:34:35+00:00

    Why do I continue to get blocked for commenting just because I'm not a democrat. It would be nice to get a respectful answer from a Microsoft representative if that is possible.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments