In Microsoft Start, how can I be banned for violating guidelines if I've never commented?

Anonymous
2021-11-25T00:50:39+00:00

I logged in for the first time ever to comment on an article in Microsoft Start. I got a message that I had violated community guidelines. If I've never once tried to comment on anything Microsoft, how can this be? There was no explanation of where this came from.

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

61 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-01T22:17:22+00:00

    Jennifer, Thanks. The “entity” that makes these decisions seem to be protecting a liberal agenda. Sad. Anyway, Thanks Again!!!! linda.🌹

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-04-01T21:53:02+00:00

    Sorry but you aren't communicating with MSN here. No one here can tell you why a post 

    was rejected.

    Here's the relevant part of my canned response on moderation. I won't subject you to the

    entire post.

    [snip]

    4. Moderation is a dysfunctional mess. It's being done via AI, via a bot, not humans and is 

       random and inexplicable.

    [snip]

    6. I've searched but have not found a way to contact MSN staff regarding this moderation 

       except the Feedback link that's at the bottom of nearly every MSN webpage. If you receive 

       a reply to the feedback, it will be a generic reply that doesn't address your specific issue.

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-01T20:55:36+00:00

    I've never responded to any Microsoft news report until today, 4/1/23 regarding how we have not learned our history from the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic. Microsoft said I was banned for 72 hours? No way to see why I'm banned other than a probable algorithm knowing I research and follow podcasts the dismantle fake news. LOL...I don't mind, please just explain why. Appreciate your response Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-10T00:59:13+00:00

    same here. i have the same problem. why am I banned from commenting? I haven't commented in months... and I always follow the guidelines. how do i dispute this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments