In Microsoft Start, how can I be banned for violating guidelines if I've never commented?

Anonymous
2021-11-25T00:50:39+00:00

I logged in for the first time ever to comment on an article in Microsoft Start. I got a message that I had violated community guidelines. If I've never once tried to comment on anything Microsoft, how can this be? There was no explanation of where this came from.

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

61 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-23T02:43:20+00:00

    Same thing happened to me! Just signed up and got immediately blocked from commenting on a news article? I didn't even do anything....Like what the hell, Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-17T16:11:58+00:00

    I wish i had an answer for you but only empathy. I too joined only to be told I was banned for violating guidlines as of that minute and I had never even attempted to comment on anything (until now).

    What really ticks me off though is how offensive it is to be accused of any of the guidelines especially when you have to pay Microsoft for the privilege.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-14T09:47:41+00:00

    What’s more disturbing is how Microsoft never replied back above after over a month. No answer. No service. And I thought Apple’s news reader constantly begging for you to join Apple News was bad.

    All I know is if you treat your customers like garbage they probably won’t come back again. I gave Microsoft Start a chance. They blew it by banning me for doing nothing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-12T11:00:47+00:00

    Same issue. First time trying to post a comment and you guess it banned for guidelines. HOW?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-09T18:33:41+00:00

    I have the same issue. Went to comment on my very first article and it says I'm banned. I clicked the button to have them review and just received a message that it was upheld. Does not make any sense whatsoever. Is there another way to appeal or get an explanation? I miss my Apple computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments