This worked
In Microsoft Start, how can I be banned for violating guidelines if I've never commented?
I logged in for the first time ever to comment on an article in Microsoft Start. I got a message that I had violated community guidelines. If I've never once tried to comment on anything Microsoft, how can this be? There was no explanation of where this came from.
Windows for home | Other | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
61 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-02-19T22:03:54+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-02-19T14:05:36+00:00 I had the same problem when I tried to sign-in on the Microsoft Edge browser but then I tried to sign in on Firefox and it went through just fine. So I think it's a browser issue. I went back to Microsoft Edge and I was automatically signed in and good to go to comment etc.. So try signing in on another browser and see if that works.
-
Anonymous
2022-02-13T00:07:34+00:00 I am having the exact same issue... and it doesn't help that they do NOT tell you specifically what you supposedly did to violate community standards. I have a feeling that they dinged me because I simply tried to create a display name. This really bites because I love to engage in discussion / debate on posts and news articles. It's what makes social media communities enjoyable! :-(
-
Anonymous
2022-02-11T21:32:23+00:00 I just installed the start app on my s21 ultra. When logging into community section it stated I was banned due to violating policies.
In the nearly 20 years I have had my ms account I cannot remember a single time I even posted anything ever using this account.
I don't really participate in most social media communities. I just read but very rarely do I ever respond to anything posted on social media.
Microsoft please help or remove thie ban.
-
Anonymous
2022-02-10T21:48:23+00:00 Y'all are lucky to even get a response. My first time logging in, just now.... it told me my "Username" doesn't meet the requirements.... what are the requirements? I used my full Name....
I am sure that we landed a man on the Moon in the late 1960's with less technology than a software login routine...
But Oh well... that probably just got me banned.... so now I need to be schooled to be someone's pet....
and yes, I sent the feedback response.... and other people have had the same issue and it's been 2 months since the first help request here and it's still not working.
Fasten your seatbelts folks. Your in for a long, long ride....