In Microsoft Start, how can I be banned for violating guidelines if I've never commented?

Anonymous
2021-11-25T00:50:39+00:00

I logged in for the first time ever to comment on an article in Microsoft Start. I got a message that I had violated community guidelines. If I've never once tried to comment on anything Microsoft, how can this be? There was no explanation of where this came from.

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

61 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-14T18:25:50+00:00

    I don't know how this happened, I posted nothing at the time I was accused of posting something. I will be honest here. I feel this is an attempt to suppress our freedom of speech. That is the only thing that I can tell as to why this happened. Otherwise, prove me wrong. When a lot of others are being banned for nothing or the lack of any supporting evidence to ban, this tells me that there is a problem with the application, or this is intentionally done. I have to use MS products to do my work but don't restrict my freedoms.

    Thank you for looking into this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-18T08:47:57+00:00

    I have a similar question. I've been on the Microsoft Community for some time, but recently, my responses have been kicked out because of "community guidelines". I've even shortened them to one sentence, to have the same thing done. I'm beginning to thing that the Microsoft Community is falling under the guidelines of a certain <removed> Governor, who wishes nothing to be posted. I tried to post something about going to my public library and reading all the books that I had access to. That was kicked out because it didn't follow the correct guidelines. These are not guidelines, but censorship. My comments are mediocre, at best. Please reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-08T13:55:07+00:00

    seems that some people may be banned if their xbox account is wonky - so check on that also. microsoft & the microsoft universe is sort of like a humongous octopus - 1 little thing wrong anywhere may bring damnation to the whole cosmos.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-13T00:07:34+00:00

    I am having the exact same issue... and it doesn't help that they do NOT tell you specifically what you supposedly did to violate community standards. I have a feeling that they dinged me because I simply tried to create a display name. This really bites because I love to engage in discussion / debate on posts and news articles. It's what makes social media communities enjoyable! :-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-11-25T09:33:54+00:00

    Hi ,TracyGarcia1

    Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for sharing your concern with us today.

    You can click Feedback in the lower right corner of the Microsoft start homepage to submit your question here.

    Hope this helps, and have a nice day.

    Best Regards,

    Hinata

    Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments