In Microsoft Start, how can I be banned for violating guidelines if I've never commented?

Anonymous
2021-11-25T00:50:39+00:00

I logged in for the first time ever to comment on an article in Microsoft Start. I got a message that I had violated community guidelines. If I've never once tried to comment on anything Microsoft, how can this be? There was no explanation of where this came from.

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

61 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-05T19:23:53+00:00

    They restrict a lot of keywords to protect the feelings of the woke. When you see articles, just understand that you can only write a comment if you kiss the **** of the author and the targeted audience, anything else will get blocked or get you blocked. Its like being in Russia, I hate the fact that Microsoft has gone woke.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-11T16:21:51+00:00

    That's exactly how I found out too! I've been using Microsoft's browsers for as long too. There is definitely something amiss here!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-11T16:19:53+00:00

    I just logged into my account via browser profile an was immediately informed with today's date on the notification that I have been banned indefinitely for violating community standards. I've never commented on a single item !! Like ever with my registered email and user name. What has happened? There seems to be a definite problem with the reporting structure. I request to see what evidence this ban was based on, because I don't think it is legitimate.

    Now I am surfing around thinking that Microsoft thinks I am some kind of tyrant and this false accusation has me feeling lost and lacking trust in the process. What a way to take my online experience using Microsoft and Edge and throw it into the ditch. Look at all these others that are reporting this also. Is no one checking into this?? or Cares?? Seems someone or some algorithm did once before in order to ban me....erroneously I might add!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-05T13:20:54+00:00

    Your Community Guidelines are horrendous. No, wonder the right wing is always complaining about you liberals. How was " You should look in the mirror" deeming or disrespectful? But you so call Community Guidelines allows MAGA heads to say all sort deeming and disrespectful comments. The following statements "this is a place for considerate, inclusive discussion. Everyone here has the right to participate free of: Harassment or Bullying." is very disingenuous. But the pervious statement doesn't applied to MAGA heads.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments