In Microsoft Start, how can I be banned for violating guidelines if I've never commented?

Anonymous
2021-11-25T00:50:39+00:00

I logged in for the first time ever to comment on an article in Microsoft Start. I got a message that I had violated community guidelines. If I've never once tried to comment on anything Microsoft, how can this be? There was no explanation of where this came from.

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

61 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-11T01:34:35+00:00

    Why do I continue to get blocked for commenting just because I'm not a democrat. It would be nice to get a respectful answer from a Microsoft representative if that is possible.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-25T15:32:35+00:00

    i got banned for having a profile name that went against the community guidelines. literally was my name lol. so i changed it several times and requested reviews but i get nothing. still banned.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-21T04:55:02+00:00

    This didn't work for me. It showed a "Continue" button and as soon as I click on it, it shows "This user has no name". Attempting another time leads to the same "The username violates our guidelines". It's surprising that such a greedy company with ridiculously expensive products only end up making broken garbage.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-19T22:03:54+00:00

    This worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-19T14:05:36+00:00

    I had the same problem when I tried to sign-in on the Microsoft Edge browser but then I tried to sign in on Firefox and it went through just fine. So I think it's a browser issue. I went back to Microsoft Edge and I was automatically signed in and good to go to comment etc.. So try signing in on another browser and see if that works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments