Asus Tuf Gaming F15 Wi-fi problem

Anonymous
2021-11-30T13:01:42+00:00

Hello there, My Wi-Fi adapter has gone completely crazy and do not know what's going on.

I'm using the Asus Tuf Gaming F15 Laptop and the intel Wi-Fi 6 ax201 160mhz, I use it for graphic design work and gaming which everything fine until the Wi-Fi disconnect and the icon disappear. It happen again and again and I tried everything to get it back on but keep showing error like code 10 and 43. However, Here are some possibility that causes the Wi-Fi disable:

  1. When the battery is low, I plug the charger for my laptop and after a second or minute, the Wi-Fi started disappear. I check on the device manager and it show me the error. But I disable and enable it and the Wi-Fi is fine but it might happen again.
  2. I think graphics might be the problem for Wi-Fi to disconnect because when I start the game on my laptop and about a minute, the Wi-Fi disconnect and show the error on device manager. This happen many time when you start the gaming apps.
  3. Similar thing happen on 2 other problem I just describe, I notice something that while I was doing my thing on my laptop, my screen goes glitch jump while i moving my mouse to direction (hard to describe) and start hearing buzz noise about a second. I don't know what it is and how it happen? I think is the frame that causes for Wi-Fi error but I can't be sure about it.

That's all the problem I just discover. This happen every time when start my computer and hard to fix it.

I hope you got this message, Thanks

Eric Truong

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-30T13:12:30+00:00

    None of those things should ever make the wifi disappear. I would think that should be a BIOS issue. So I'd check for wifi driver and BIOS updates on Asus support site for that laptop and update to the latest if something is available.

    In theory, performance changes could change wifi status which would be affected by 1 & 2. But, that's less likely.

    The next most likely should be a hardware issue or Windows itself all the way at the very end. I'd talk to Asus if its under warranty there.

    I can't think of anything else that could ever do that. Some random installed misguided software maybe?

    The ones around here might have you run the troubleshooter or reset Windows or something (and maybe something I listed above) but those first two things probably won't work and maybe worth a shot just for kicks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-30T14:23:02+00:00

    Hello, I'm Louie, and I'm happy to help you today. Hope you're doing well and safe there. I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your wifi connection.

    I would suggest first you to turn off your modem/router and leave it off for just a minute then turn it back on and check if fixes the issue

    If steps above didn't work you may run network troubleshooter, use these steps:

    Open Settings.

    Click on Update & Security.

    Click on Troubleshoot.

    Under the "Recommended troubleshooting" section, click the Additional troubleshooters option.

    Under the "Get up and running" section, select the Internet Connections troubleshooter.

    Quick note: On Windows 10 version 1909 and earlier, the option is available within the Troubleshoot page.

    Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

    Select the Troubleshoot my connection to the Internet option.

    Select the Try these repairs as an administrator option (if applicable).

    Continue with the on-screen directions (if applicable).

    After you complete the steps, the troubleshooter will run and fix any connectivity issues.

    In the event that troubleshooter didn't work, try resetting the TCP/IP stack and clearing any DNS information on Windows 10.

    Reset the network stack using Command Prompt by following these steps:

    1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
    3. Type the following command to reset the component that handles network requests and press Enter:

    netsh winsock reset

    1. Type the following command to reset the internet protocol stack and press Enter:

    netsh int ip reset

    1. Type the following command to clear the current networking configuration and press Enter:

    ipconfig /release

    1. Type the following command to reconfigure the network settings and press Enter:

    ipconfig /renew

    1. Type the following command to clear the DNS information cached and press Enter:

    ipconfig /flushdns

    Restart your computer.

    Once you complete the steps, launch the web browser and confirm the internet is working.

    1. If the steps above still doesn't work, reset all the network adapters, use these steps:

    Open Settings.

    Click on Network & Internet.

    Click on Status.

    Under the "Advanced network settings" section, click the Network reset option.

    Click the Reset now button.

    Click the Yes button.

    After you complete the steps, the computer will restart automatically, and on reboot, you should now be able to connect to the internet.

    Take note thay this will reset all the network adapters installed on your computer to their factory defaults, you'll need to re-enter your password to connect to WIFI network. You'll need to reconfigure other networking software, such as VPN clients, if applicable.

    Hope this helps.

    Sincerely,

    Louie

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-08T02:00:32+00:00

    I have the same laptop and I'm having exactly the same problem. Sometimes, with no patterns, I uninstall the driver several times, disable and enable it several times, run the MyAsus tool several times, and then, out of nowhere, it works again for a few hours. All drivers updated, bios updated, etc. I tried every step you said more than once and it still not working. The only thing I didn't try yet is factory reset. Curious thing is: the wifi adapter don't appear in "network connections" when the problem happens, but if I disable the driver, I can see the wifi adapter disabled there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-23T15:53:58+00:00

    I have exactly the same problem that you mentioned. did every single steps and ways you could possibly find online and still not fixed the problem. the only thing I haven't tried yet is the factory reset. and maybe I'll go to the Asus certified service center tomorrow and see if they can do something about this problem. and also if you find a way to fix this problem please tell me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-03T08:23:29+00:00

    I also had a similar WiFi problem with TUF FX506. The solution which I found on reddit fixed the problem.

    Device Manager > Right click on WiFi adapter > Properties > Advanced > Select "1. No Preference" on Preferred Band.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments