yes i'm going through the links now..thank you! :)
Computer will boot from USB TO LINUX but not USB to windows
** I am resposting this from Asus help site as I still haven't found a solution** Hello. First off I'm new! I built a computer from scratch last year. I have the Asus x570 gaming motherboard. I installed windows 11 a few weeks ago and it has been running fine. Last week, it green screened and now I can't get it to boot to windows no matter how I try. I'm at a loss, I keep thinking there is something I can do other than send my motherboard back, but no one has any advise that has worked yet. I've included a video that, is the problem. Has anyone had issues? Or suggestions. Ive now disconnected all drives but my main m2 drive, I have windows bootable in there. I've tried booting legacy. And uefi. I just don't know what else to do! Things I've tried...
- Checking ram sticks
- Flashing bios
- Upgrading bios
- Taking all drives out and just booting windows from USB
- Legacy and non legacy boots
- Iso of win 10 from RUFUS
- BOOTING UEFI from usb drive and installing windows that way
No matter what I try, it just sits on the window square screen.
ALSO it will let me boot just fine to a Linux USB without an issue. video
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-10-17T03:49:13+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-10-17T11:57:11+00:00 I went through all the links and nothing worked. A lot of those links required being in windows, or being able to boot to windows. I made, yet another, new USB with windows on it. I feel like it sits and thinks and goes through the booting sequence,. But it just hangs on something. And the goes to windows splash screen. Ugh
-
Anonymous
2021-10-17T15:19:50+00:00 Jen, what that screen means is it's skipping the media and trying to start Windows. It is not properly booting the media.
Do you see any USB settings in BIOS/UEFI setup if you scroll through all of the tabs?
Can you try a DVD install, using double-layer DVD written by Media Creation Tool and Windows Image Burner?
See steps here: https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-create-windo...
-
Anonymous
2021-10-17T23:49:03+00:00 same result with the dvd install...and yes there is USB settings and i've switched them all different ways. To run liniux it has to be in UEFI ...