So after doing that..it now comes up with "missing operating system" when I try to boot to USB. I disconnecting all other drives but my empty m2 drive. And same thing
Computer will boot from USB TO LINUX but not USB to windows
** I am resposting this from Asus help site as I still haven't found a solution** Hello. First off I'm new! I built a computer from scratch last year. I have the Asus x570 gaming motherboard. I installed windows 11 a few weeks ago and it has been running fine. Last week, it green screened and now I can't get it to boot to windows no matter how I try. I'm at a loss, I keep thinking there is something I can do other than send my motherboard back, but no one has any advise that has worked yet. I've included a video that, is the problem. Has anyone had issues? Or suggestions. Ive now disconnected all drives but my main m2 drive, I have windows bootable in there. I've tried booting legacy. And uefi. I just don't know what else to do! Things I've tried...
- Checking ram sticks
- Flashing bios
- Upgrading bios
- Taking all drives out and just booting windows from USB
- Legacy and non legacy boots
- Iso of win 10 from RUFUS
- BOOTING UEFI from usb drive and installing windows that way
No matter what I try, it just sits on the window square screen.
ALSO it will let me boot just fine to a Linux USB without an issue. video
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2021-10-16T19:06:49+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-10-17T02:37:32+00:00 Try troubleshooting Windows install to M2 drive:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72744...
https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000132...
-
Anonymous
2021-10-17T03:32:51+00:00 well i definitely dont think the M2 drive is the problem. I've had the M2 drive out for a few days in the week and I get the same result. My win 10 is installed on the SSd.. my m2 is completely empty and formatted in ntfs..
-
Anonymous
2021-10-17T03:40:25+00:00 But you might be able to install to the M2 which is probably just as fast. So why not try it? I gave you the tutorials that work to troubleshoot it.