Computer will boot from USB TO LINUX but not USB to windows

Anonymous
2021-10-14T15:07:30+00:00

** I am resposting this from Asus help site as I still haven't found a solution** Hello. First off I'm new! I built a computer from scratch last year. I have the Asus x570 gaming motherboard. I installed windows 11 a few weeks ago and it has been running fine. Last week, it green screened and now I can't get it to boot to windows no matter how I try. I'm at a loss, I keep thinking there is something I can do other than send my motherboard back, but no one has any advise that has worked yet. I've included a video that, is the problem. Has anyone had issues? Or suggestions. Ive now disconnected all drives but my main m2 drive, I have windows bootable in there. I've tried booting legacy. And uefi. I just don't know what else to do! Things I've tried...

  • Checking ram sticks
  • Flashing bios
  • Upgrading bios
  • Taking all drives out and just booting windows from USB
  • Legacy and non legacy boots
  • Iso of win 10 from RUFUS
  • BOOTING UEFI from usb drive and installing windows that way

No matter what I try, it just sits on the window square screen.

ALSO it will let me boot just fine to a Linux USB without an issue. video

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-15T20:20:48+00:00

    Let me know the exact failure message or behavior.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-15T20:31:57+00:00

    Alright...new USB stick with win 11 iso...and bios set to Defaults and fast boot off. Leads me to........ The same windows block screen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-15T20:36:58+00:00

    I don't receive any sort of message this is what it goes to right away

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-15T20:38:34+00:00

    Try letting it sit there for an hour.

    Try removing a stick of RAM to try install .

    If that fails try the other stick.

    Make sure all other drives and peripherals are unplugged.

    Disconnect from internet by unplugging ethernet cable or router.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-15T22:39:29+00:00

    Nothing. Same thing. It's very frustrating. I wish it would give me an error code. Or boot to something ...I am at a loss

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments