Yes and ive tried creating an iso in rufus. And same thing. I ahve 4 usb sticks ive been using back and forth..and they all work in The other 2pcs i have. I just want to say thank you for attempting to help!!
Computer will boot from USB TO LINUX but not USB to windows
** I am resposting this from Asus help site as I still haven't found a solution** Hello. First off I'm new! I built a computer from scratch last year. I have the Asus x570 gaming motherboard. I installed windows 11 a few weeks ago and it has been running fine. Last week, it green screened and now I can't get it to boot to windows no matter how I try. I'm at a loss, I keep thinking there is something I can do other than send my motherboard back, but no one has any advise that has worked yet. I've included a video that, is the problem. Has anyone had issues? Or suggestions. Ive now disconnected all drives but my main m2 drive, I have windows bootable in there. I've tried booting legacy. And uefi. I just don't know what else to do! Things I've tried...
- Checking ram sticks
- Flashing bios
- Upgrading bios
- Taking all drives out and just booting windows from USB
- Legacy and non legacy boots
- Iso of win 10 from RUFUS
- BOOTING UEFI from usb drive and installing windows that way
No matter what I try, it just sits on the window square screen.
ALSO it will let me boot just fine to a Linux USB without an issue. video
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-10-15T02:43:28+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-10-15T02:48:29+00:00 Do you think it could be a PSU issue? That is The only other hardware issue i can think of that needa to be checked. But if it was a PSU issue would it be successfully running linux like it has been? I feel like if linux runs done, windows should run fine as well
-
Anonymous
2021-10-15T02:52:44+00:00 Jen -
Rufus can mess up easier than Media Creation Tool. So insert your best 8gb+ flash stick in PC, located under This PC in Explorer, right click to Delete, then install and run Media Creation Tool following the steps under Create Installation Media by expanding the + sign next to Before You Start.
Are you following the rest of the steps I gave for troubleshooting install. They may refer to WIndows 10 but they work the same for Windows 11 too.
-
Anonymous
2021-10-15T02:57:19+00:00 Yes sir. I have built this computer and other computers from parts and I've never had this issue. And yes, I feel I've done those steps over and over for a week now....it does get extremely frustrating.
-
Anonymous
2021-10-15T03:07:05+00:00 So what happened when you tried this step:
If all else fails you can move the hard drive to another PC to do the install with it plugged in alone. Windows 10 is remarkably adaptive to new hardware without needing adaptive restore. If it will start it will swap out all drivers requiring several restarts. You can also try applying a same-version System Image to the intact SSD/hard drive.