When was the last time you could install WIndows on the PC? Was Linux installed yet?
What has changed since you could install WIndows exactly?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
** I am resposting this from Asus help site as I still haven't found a solution** Hello. First off I'm new! I built a computer from scratch last year. I have the Asus x570 gaming motherboard. I installed windows 11 a few weeks ago and it has been running fine. Last week, it green screened and now I can't get it to boot to windows no matter how I try. I'm at a loss, I keep thinking there is something I can do other than send my motherboard back, but no one has any advise that has worked yet. I've included a video that, is the problem. Has anyone had issues? Or suggestions. Ive now disconnected all drives but my main m2 drive, I have windows bootable in there. I've tried booting legacy. And uefi. I just don't know what else to do! Things I've tried...
No matter what I try, it just sits on the window square screen.
ALSO it will let me boot just fine to a Linux USB without an issue. video
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
When was the last time you could install WIndows on the PC? Was Linux installed yet?
What has changed since you could install WIndows exactly?
No. Linux was not installed when this issue appeared. The night before this issue started my computer froze, I turned it off for the night. I turned it on the next morning, it was fine for about an hour...and then it reboot itself. and I wasn't able to ever come back to windows the right way. One time I was able to get to the recovery screen.. that was after I took out and put back in my NVME drive and upgraded the bios... i tried to reinstall windows in the recovery screen and it came back with errors..and froze and restarted..and since then, I have not been able to ever get back into windows. That was Oct 8th, was the last time.
here is a link to the video I made for all the bios rundown...
Did you try booting the Windows media after making the Settings changes I suggested?
If it won't boot with SSD connected, disconnect the SSD and try booting it.
Yes ...so I'm booting it with the CD I made. And it says "press any let to boot with CD" and when I do ...again it has a pause like it's trying to load and then goes to windows splash screen
What CD? This is the first I've heard of a this. It needs to be a DVD, not a CD. It also needs to be double layer and written by Windows Image Burner from the ISO queued up by Media Creation Tool.