When was the last time you could install WIndows on the PC? Was Linux installed yet?
What has changed since you could install WIndows exactly?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
** I am resposting this from Asus help site as I still haven't found a solution** Hello. First off I'm new! I built a computer from scratch last year. I have the Asus x570 gaming motherboard. I installed windows 11 a few weeks ago and it has been running fine. Last week, it green screened and now I can't get it to boot to windows no matter how I try. I'm at a loss, I keep thinking there is something I can do other than send my motherboard back, but no one has any advise that has worked yet. I've included a video that, is the problem. Has anyone had issues? Or suggestions. Ive now disconnected all drives but my main m2 drive, I have windows bootable in there. I've tried booting legacy. And uefi. I just don't know what else to do! Things I've tried...
No matter what I try, it just sits on the window square screen.
ALSO it will let me boot just fine to a Linux USB without an issue. video
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
When was the last time you could install WIndows on the PC? Was Linux installed yet?
What has changed since you could install WIndows exactly?
right now yes, I have all three drives plugged in. I have tried it all different ways. I only have Linux officially installed on one drive..and i just unplug that SSD when I don't want to be in Linux..for instance, I'm in Linux now just because I can access my files and computer when i'm in Linux..but I have been unplugged the drive in order to troubleshoot. let me try the settings...when this issue first started..I hadn't had linux installed anywhere.. I only installed it in order to access my computer. lol..
Secure boot is in Setup mode. Try both Enabling it (normal operations status) or Disabling (what we do when Windows won't install) to try it.
What other choices in dropdown menu for UEFI mode? Sometimes enabling both modes helps.
Change Launch CSM to disabled, set all other Boot settings to UEFI.
The error you showed is a misconfigured GRUB error which makes me wonder if you had the Linux HD plugged in or if GRUB has gotten itself into EUFI/BIOS setup. What is the exact error if you remove Linux HDD and try to boot Windows media with only UEFI enabled, no CSM?
Do you see any Linux settings that have gotten into BIOS?
I notice in Boot Override you have three drives plugged in. Are you trying the Windows install with only the Windows SSD or M2 plugged in?
What are the BIOS/UEFI Save changes and Reset Defaults settings exactly?
here is some info that got taken from the bootfixer i tried to do https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/ZZwbNcDP7d/