c/efi/microsoft/boot/cipolicies/active/{..}.cip is corrupted

Anonymous
2021-10-31T14:23:30+00:00

Hi, I cannot recover my Windows 11 machine after some updates were installed, I can see that file c/efi/microsoft/boot/cipolicies/active/{..}.cip is corrupted according to SrtTrail.txt file.

How can I restore my Windows 11?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-11-01T03:17:31+00:00

Hi ,GraninNikita

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for sharing your concern with us today.

I understand that you cannot recover your Windows 11 .

We are here to help on this issue.

SrtTrail.txt file error is a system error.

1.First, we can test the system repair, click advanced options, click the troubleshoot option, then click advanced options, enter the command prompt, enter sfc /scannow in the command prompt, and see if it can be repaired System and solve.

2.If repairing the system cannot be resolved, please try to click Advanced Options, click the Troubleshooting option, click Advanced Options, click Startup Settings, click the restart button, choose to disable the driver signature loading, and see if it can start successfully

3.If it doesn’t work anymore, go to Advanced Options, Troubleshooting, and Reset This Computer. There are two options, one is to keep my files, the other is to delete all the content, the suggestion is to keep my files, and there may be a choice In the case of the account, we choose the login user account name, and we click the local reinstall button.(Resetting the system can keep the files, but not the software.)

I hope the information provided is useful for you. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support.

Best Regards

Hinata Li

Microsoft Community Support Specialist

*Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here."

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-03-09T14:32:43+00:00

    Hi, no solutions worked for me.

    I've backuped everything, then I created an Installation Media on a USB drive and reinstall Windows 11 from there.

    Create Windows 11 Installation Media https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows11

    Now my PC is way faster than before. I still have some drivers problems as my HP doesn't have yet all drivers for Windows 11, but it's no big issue.

    Hope it helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-09T14:45:04+00:00

    Seems like ill neeed to do that. One question. Does This procedure ask for windows serial code? Or automatically detects the one you already have? Cause i really dont know where to find it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-03-09T15:21:39+00:00

    You shouldn't have to enter the serial again as I had to reinstall it from scratch (saving documents) and it hadn't asked for a serial number - good luck :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-03-13T18:39:18+00:00

    When I ran diagnosis, I had the same problem as follows:

    Root cause found:


    Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\cipolicies\active{cdd5cb55-db68-4d71-aa38-3df2b6473a52}.cip is corrupt.

    Repair action: File repair

    Result: Failed. Error code = 0x57

    Time taken = 1359 ms

    Repair action: System files integrity check and repair

    Result: Failed. Error code = 0x57

    Time taken = 906 ms


    I took a further look, my laptop did not have the c:\efi\microsoft\boot\cipolicies\active\ folder.

    I wonder if the diagnosis was hitting the wrong and nonexistent fodler for the {cdd5cb55-db68-4d71-aa38-3df2b6473a52}.cip file.

    However, my laptop does have

    c:\windows\boot\efi\cipolicies\active{cdd5cb55-db68-4d71-aa38-3df2b6473a52}.cip file.

    Should the diagnosis use this specigfic .cip file instead?

    Chao

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments