c/efi/microsoft/boot/cipolicies/active/{..}.cip is corrupted

Anonymous
2021-10-31T14:23:30+00:00

Hi, I cannot recover my Windows 11 machine after some updates were installed, I can see that file c/efi/microsoft/boot/cipolicies/active/{..}.cip is corrupted according to SrtTrail.txt file.

How can I restore my Windows 11?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-11-01T03:17:31+00:00

Hi ,GraninNikita

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for sharing your concern with us today.

I understand that you cannot recover your Windows 11 .

We are here to help on this issue.

SrtTrail.txt file error is a system error.

1.First, we can test the system repair, click advanced options, click the troubleshoot option, then click advanced options, enter the command prompt, enter sfc /scannow in the command prompt, and see if it can be repaired System and solve.

2.If repairing the system cannot be resolved, please try to click Advanced Options, click the Troubleshooting option, click Advanced Options, click Startup Settings, click the restart button, choose to disable the driver signature loading, and see if it can start successfully

3.If it doesn’t work anymore, go to Advanced Options, Troubleshooting, and Reset This Computer. There are two options, one is to keep my files, the other is to delete all the content, the suggestion is to keep my files, and there may be a choice In the case of the account, we choose the login user account name, and we click the local reinstall button.(Resetting the system can keep the files, but not the software.)

I hope the information provided is useful for you. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support.

Best Regards

Hinata Li

Microsoft Community Support Specialist

*Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here."

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-05-14T19:07:29+00:00

    Finnaly i solve my problem,

    in my experince , this problem is come up with driver devices update.

    my laptop acer aspire 5, updated acer paltform driver.

    i rollaback the driver

    then for prevent update in the future i followed this trick

    https://allthings.how/how-to-uninstall-roll-back-driver-updates-on-windows-11/?msclkid=dfddb25ad00a11ecb47c00037f8fa474

    it has been for 4 days, my laptop run as expected without BSOD.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-05-13T13:11:09+00:00

    So it happened to me again. Shortly while I did a clean reinstall of the OS. I was busy with installing all my programs, syncing OneDrive, etc.

    After a reboot, I'm once again stuck with this error. This happens every time I attempt to reinstall. The vendor already replaced my SSD and motherboard, but the same thing happened again. So I don't think that this is a HW problem.

    Does anybody know how to solve this please? I am unable to work like this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-05-09T14:26:34+00:00

    it still haapend on my laptop

    same issue. some times i shutdown and start booting again normaly and sometimes

    error occured why why why

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T12:12:18+00:00

    So, I have seen that there are many people out there who are experiencing this issue. I have also seen that there seems to be no solution to the problem. I have a nice Dell laptop which won't reliably run Windows. I haven't had this problem since 1997.

    **May 9 2022 UPDATE**

    Possibly relevant: This is a DELL Inspiron REFURBISHED and WARRANTED by DELL.

    I sent the entire laptop back to DELL where they reinstalled the WIN10 OS. The very day I got it back, I tried to Personalize the laptop to my liking and received the error message that there was an invalid WIN10 key installed. After multiple contacts with DELL "support" including a virtual desktop session, I was told it was a software issue and not hardware, therefore, I had to call another "team" and pay a fee to receive support.

    I blew my stack, and what-ever-his-name-was said to download the DELL reset applet from the link he provided and do a new OS reinstall.

    I followed the directions, and the reset seemed to go fine, until it started up in some sort of Asian language and characters. I called DELL again, and they were less than helpful, saying I should have chosen English (USA) as my language. LOL! There was no choice to do that during the process.

    Long story short: is it possible that the original WIN10 OS installation was done for sale in another country, was returned to DELL for some reason, a sloppy "refurbishment" later sold to me, and that when I ran the Reset applet, it reverted back to that original OS and setup? The WIN10 key that I had was different from the key that DELL support identified.

    I said the heck with it, and did an OEM installation of LINUX Ubuntu 20.xxx and have had no issues other than having to learn a whole new OS.

    Off topic: DELL support is perhaps one of the WORST I have ever dealt with. Buyer beware!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments