Windows crashes in sleep mode

Anonymous
2021-11-28T12:56:37+00:00

When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then re-boot it. I tried doing the system diagnostic scan like (msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic) and (sfc /scannow) and then restarted my laptop,

but nothing seems to be working.

I read a post about a similar issue, it was advised to update the BIOS, but I am unable to do so because the MyAsus app has updated and now it does not log me in, cannot recognize my laptop and thus does not give me any update options, the only thing it is good at is showing advertisements. I manually updated it again, registered my product and now it says "Sorry, we haven't provided ASUS Premium Care yet at the moment".

SYSTEM INFO

ASUS VivoBook 15 M509DA - MJ542T

Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1348)

CPU - AMD Ryzen 3500U with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics Mobile

RAM - 12GB (upgraded from 4GB)

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-11-29T17:13:00+00:00

    Hi Animish

    The only thing you can really do is try to find a version of that AMD driver that is compatible with your PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-29T17:22:47+00:00

    so should I just delete that driver (atikmpag.sys) ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-11-29T17:26:25+00:00

    Hi Animish

    No, there is no point in deleting that, you could end up with no graphics.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-29T17:29:44+00:00

    but I just installed the latest graphics driver from manufacturers webiste yesterday. and it is installed but isn't being used by the system(that's what I think could be the reason, might not be true).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-11-29T17:37:07+00:00

    Also the file I am talking about is not in the Sytem32 folder

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments