Windows crashes in sleep mode

Anonymous
2021-11-28T12:56:37+00:00

When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then re-boot it. I tried doing the system diagnostic scan like (msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic) and (sfc /scannow) and then restarted my laptop,

but nothing seems to be working.

I read a post about a similar issue, it was advised to update the BIOS, but I am unable to do so because the MyAsus app has updated and now it does not log me in, cannot recognize my laptop and thus does not give me any update options, the only thing it is good at is showing advertisements. I manually updated it again, registered my product and now it says "Sorry, we haven't provided ASUS Premium Care yet at the moment".

SYSTEM INFO

ASUS VivoBook 15 M509DA - MJ542T

Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1348)

CPU - AMD Ryzen 3500U with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics Mobile

RAM - 12GB (upgraded from 4GB)

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-11-29T16:12:33+00:00

    Hi Animish

    That is just a folder created from a driver installation, Windows would not be loading a driver stored in that location on your Desktop, it only loads drivers stored in the Windows folder

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-29T16:24:09+00:00

    I found 2 driver folders

    1.  C:\Windows\System32\drivers
      
    2.  C:\DRIVERS
      

    but none of these folders have the driver that is causing the issue, when I searched up the location it says this

    C:\Users\animi\Desktop\help\Help,minecraft\driver update\Chipset_DCH_AMD_APU_Win10_64_V2620110166002\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B344967\atikmpag.sys

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-11-29T16:27:38+00:00

    Animish

    Open Device Manager, expand the Display Adapters section, then right click the AMD device and choose Properties, select the Driver tab and then click Details, you will then see the location of that atikmpag.sy driver that Windows is using

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-29T16:33:16+00:00

    I it unable to find it in the system 32 folder but if I search up another driver the same way it gives me the correct location

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-11-29T17:05:05+00:00

    any progress on this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments