I updated the drivers but nothing changed, windows still crashes in sleep mode. could this be because of a windows update which I stopped mid way installation from the task manager because it was lagging my PC a lot?
Windows crashes in sleep mode
When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then re-boot it. I tried doing the system diagnostic scan like (msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic) and (sfc /scannow) and then restarted my laptop,
but nothing seems to be working.
I read a post about a similar issue, it was advised to update the BIOS, but I am unable to do so because the MyAsus app has updated and now it does not log me in, cannot recognize my laptop and thus does not give me any update options, the only thing it is good at is showing advertisements. I manually updated it again, registered my product and now it says "Sorry, we haven't provided ASUS Premium Care yet at the moment".
SYSTEM INFO
ASUS VivoBook 15 M509DA - MJ542T
Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1348)
CPU - AMD Ryzen 3500U with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics Mobile
RAM - 12GB (upgraded from 4GB)
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-11-28T20:10:41+00:00 -
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2021-11-28T20:18:04+00:00 Hi Animish
Yes, it is very possible stopping that update has corrupted your operating system
-
Anonymous
2021-11-29T05:18:38+00:00 I just updated my Operating System, but the issue still hasn't been fixed. I don't think its because some file was corrupted during windows update because I had stopped the window update week ago before this started happening and even if some file were to be corrupted it should have been fixed when I run the (sfc /scannow) command.
-
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2021-11-29T08:10:39+00:00 Hi Animish
Okay, please upload any newly created minidump files from any new crashes you have experienced.
-
Anonymous
2021-11-29T09:21:06+00:00 New mini dump files
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArG67GvMVtUNgjQy1UNHqdDIPDW-?e=W0EGKO
If the issue continues should I update windows with an ISO coz I heard that the ISO deleted old files and replaces them with new ones?
Thank You very much