Hi Animish
Open Device Manager, then expand the Display Adapters section, what device(s) do you find there?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then re-boot it. I tried doing the system diagnostic scan like (msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic) and (sfc /scannow) and then restarted my laptop,
but nothing seems to be working.
I read a post about a similar issue, it was advised to update the BIOS, but I am unable to do so because the MyAsus app has updated and now it does not log me in, cannot recognize my laptop and thus does not give me any update options, the only thing it is good at is showing advertisements. I manually updated it again, registered my product and now it says "Sorry, we haven't provided ASUS Premium Care yet at the moment".
SYSTEM INFO
ASUS VivoBook 15 M509DA - MJ542T
Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1348)
CPU - AMD Ryzen 3500U with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics Mobile
RAM - 12GB (upgraded from 4GB)
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Animish
Open Device Manager, then expand the Display Adapters section, what device(s) do you find there?
Umm so, I went to the AMD website and got the correct software installer, but it says "This installer is only intended to be deployed on an AMD System. Exiting Installation as the requirements are not satisfied".
What should I do now?
I also tried "Auto-Detect and Install Updates for Radeon™ Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipset Drivers for Windows®", but it said the same message.
Hi Animish
Your minidump files indicate that it is the device driver (amdkmdag.sys) on your AMD graphics card that is causing the system to crash
You should completely remove the current AMD device driver using the widely available free DDU utility, then restart your PC and go to the support page for your PC on the manufacturer's website to download and install their recommended version of the AMD device driver.
Minidump files link
Hi Animish
I am Dave, I will help you with this.
Please upload any minidump files you have, I will check those to see if they provide any insight into a potential cause of the system crashes, below is the method to get past that permissions problem.
Open Windows File Explorer.
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Open that minidump folder
Select any files in there and press Ctrl + C to copy those files
On your Desktop, right click and choose New - Folder
Go into that new folder and press Ctrl + V to paste a copy of those files
Log into OneDrive: https://onedrive.live.com/
Drag that new folder form your Desktop into the OneDrive page and wait for it to upload
When it has uploaded, right click the folder on the OneDrive page and choose Share
Click Copy Link
Then post that link here.