Windows crashes in sleep mode

Anonymous
2021-11-28T12:56:37+00:00

When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then re-boot it. I tried doing the system diagnostic scan like (msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic) and (sfc /scannow) and then restarted my laptop,

but nothing seems to be working.

I read a post about a similar issue, it was advised to update the BIOS, but I am unable to do so because the MyAsus app has updated and now it does not log me in, cannot recognize my laptop and thus does not give me any update options, the only thing it is good at is showing advertisements. I manually updated it again, registered my product and now it says "Sorry, we haven't provided ASUS Premium Care yet at the moment".

SYSTEM INFO

ASUS VivoBook 15 M509DA - MJ542T

Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1348)

CPU - AMD Ryzen 3500U with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics Mobile

RAM - 12GB (upgraded from 4GB)

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-11-29T09:25:14+00:00

    Hi Animish

    Those minidump files also indicated that AMD driver (atikmpag.sys)

    Using the ISO should not delete your files, provided you run that form inside Windows, you will see the option to keep your files and apps at the start of the upgrade.

    However, as always, you should have a backup of your personal files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-29T09:21:06+00:00

    New mini dump files

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArG67GvMVtUNgjQy1UNHqdDIPDW-?e=W0EGKO

    If the issue continues should I update windows with an ISO coz I heard that the ISO deleted old files and replaces them with new ones?

    Thank You very much

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-11-29T08:10:39+00:00

    Hi Animish

    Okay, please upload any newly created minidump files from any new crashes you have experienced.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-29T05:18:38+00:00

    I just updated my Operating System, but the issue still hasn't been fixed. I don't think its because some file was corrupted during windows update because I had stopped the window update week ago before this started happening and even if some file were to be corrupted it should have been fixed when I run the (sfc /scannow) command.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-11-28T20:18:04+00:00

    Hi Animish

    Yes, it is very possible stopping that update has corrupted your operating system

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments