Windows crashes in sleep mode
When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then re-boot it. I tried doing the system diagnostic scan like (msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic) and (sfc /scannow) and then restarted my laptop,
but nothing seems to be working.
I read a post about a similar issue, it was advised to update the BIOS, but I am unable to do so because the MyAsus app has updated and now it does not log me in, cannot recognize my laptop and thus does not give me any update options, the only thing it is good at is showing advertisements. I manually updated it again, registered my product and now it says "Sorry, we haven't provided ASUS Premium Care yet at the moment".
SYSTEM INFO
ASUS VivoBook 15 M509DA - MJ542T
Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1348)
CPU - AMD Ryzen 3500U with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics Mobile
RAM - 12GB (upgraded from 4GB)
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-11-29T15:40:49+00:00 -
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2021-11-29T15:29:36+00:00 Hi Animish
Please zip up that Memory.dmp file to vastly reduce its size, then upload that and I will have a look at that for you.
-
Anonymous
2021-11-29T15:25:04+00:00 So umm, I updated my PC to windows 11 but the issue hasn't stopped but just caused more issues. After updating my PC, it worked fine and then I let it go to sleep mode and then it crashed as normal, I restarted it, but windows explorer just wouldn't respond so I restarted it from the task manager and still nothing happened so I turned off my PC from the Ctrl + Alt + Del menu, And then it just refused to reboot, after 30 mins of trail and error It started. I am not going to shut down my PC or let it go to sleep mode until this is fixed. Also my PC only crashes only when in goes to sleep mode because of inactivity but If I set it to sleep mode manually It wouldn't crash.
And now there isn't and minidump folder in window folder, the closest thing I could find was this MEMORY.DMP file and it is 1.24GB.
Also I am really sorry for the inconvenience and Thank you for helping me out.
-
Anonymous
2021-11-29T10:29:04+00:00 Ok thank you very much for the help 😀
-
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2021-11-29T10:23:16+00:00 Hi Animish
If the 2016 drivers are installed correctly, then you do not need to install any newer drivers, if your system is working correctly.