Onedrive seems to have created its own drive G partition and moved my previous drive G partition to drive L

Anonymous
2021-10-01T22:00:28+00:00

One drive has messed up my partitions in that I had a drive G called WorkArea (G) that has the one drive folders to sync on it, along with all other files and folders on it. Somehow my G drive WorkArea (G) (partition) was reallocated to drive L WorkArea (L), and a separate partition G now called Local Disk (G). has appeared in the original drive G's place. (not talking about drive Mapping here).

In windows explorer I see the following screen shot

whereas in disk management, G does NOT show up at all and I cannot change WorkArea (L) back to G.

Drive L does show up in windows explorer, but is not in the screen shot. .

and trying to re-assign WorkArea to G I cannot, as it is unavailable.

how do I fix this?

I tried to uninstall OneDrive, and reboot but nothing changed.

Can someone please help me fix this as my backup plans are set for G as what is in WorkArea L and now backup of G only shows OneDrive files, that were not part of the backup plan to begin with.

Thanks for any help you can offer. Much appreciated.

Garry G

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-31T23:56:06+00:00

    Hi PCR... I think an oopsie happened again... My bad...

    for the following 2 commands of yours...

    BCDEdit /Set {201ca33c-3744-11eb-ab08-a9da93046d68} Device ramdisk=[\Device\HarddiskVolume4]\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim,{becbfbbc-74c1-11e3-a193-d3e592cc6be4}

    BCDEdit /Set {201ca33c-3744-11eb-ab08-a9da93046d68} osdevice ramdisk=[\Device\HarddiskVolume4]\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim,{becbfbbc-74c1-11e3-a193-d3e592cc6be4}

    I think I did the first one twice and not the second one as they looked very much the same. If that is the case, can I just repeat the whole thing again from the Start?

    Sorry about that

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-01T01:37:59+00:00

    (1) Have you rebooted to Windows since 10/29 when we got {bootmgr} into your BCD? That's an important one. If it won't go to Windows, do the /Import to get back that old rotten BCD. The rest of this is to get Shift+Restart to work. That is a boot to the recovery environment (at the "Choose an Option" screen).

    (2) For the recovery environment, Just do the second one...

    BCDEdit /Set {201ca33c-3744-11eb-ab08-a9da93046d68} osdevice ramdisk=[\Device\HarddiskVolume4]\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim,{becbfbbc-74c1-11e3-a193-d3e592cc6be4}

    All of the other BCDEdit commands went well. Then, try this again...

    ReagentC /Enable

    ReagentC /Info <<<Does this one say it's enabled?

    If it says it's enabled, try a Shift+Restart. Did it work?

    (3) If it won't enable or work, then try this...

    Type "CMD" into Search, & click "Run as Administrator".

    DiskPart <<<Enter DiskPart

    Select Disk 0 <<<Focus on Disk 0

    List Part <<<List the partitions

    Select Part 4 <<<Focus on Recovery partition

    Assign Letter=R <<<Give it letter R:

    Exit <<<Exit DiskPart

    ReagentC /SetREImage /Path R:\Recovery\WindowsRE /Target C:\Windows

    ReagentC /Enable

    ReagentC /Info <<<Does it say it's enabled now?

    DiskPart <<<Enter DiskPart

    Select Vol=R <<<Focus on Recovery partition

    Remove Letter=R <<<Remove the letter

    Exit <<<Exit DiskPart

    If it says it's enabled, try the Shift+Restart for the recovery environment. Did it get there, & did it have all its buttons, like Troubleshoot & Advanced Options? If so, we are done except maybe for a little cleanup.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-01T19:21:03+00:00

    Hi PCR,,,

    I had started a reply after doing all above and when I did the Shift restart of course I was planning to answer the question of if it worked and yes it seemed to give me all the advanced options OK, but when I said to continue to windows, it rebooted and lost my original reply.

    so to answer your first question:

    1) Have you rebooted to Windows since 10/29 when we got {bootmgr} into your BCD? That's an important one. If it won't go to Windows, do the /Import to get back that old rotten BCD. The rest of this is to get Shift+Restart to work. That is a boot to the recovery environment (at the "Choose an Option" screen).

    Yes I rebooted just now before starting the instructions above. Ran the instruction in CMD prompt and looks like all worked OK, although when I invoked the CMD instruction it popped up the window twice, so closed one then exited and restarted it. OK this time only once.

    After doing the above did the ReagentC /Info... and =got the following result:

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>ReagentC /Info

    Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and system reset configuration

    Information:

    **Windows RE status:         Enabled** 
    
    **Windows RE location:       \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition4\Recovery\WindowsRE** 
    
    **Boot Configuration Data (BCD) identifier: 201ca33c-3744-11eb-ab08-a9da93046d68** 
    
    Recovery image location: 
    
    Recovery image index:      0 
    
    Custom image location: 
    
    Custom image index:        0 
    

    REAGENTC.EXE: Operation Successful.

    If it says it's enabled, try the Shift+Restart for the recovery environment. Did it get there, & did it have all its buttons, like Troubleshoot & Advanced Options? If so, we are done except maybe for a little cleanup.

    Did this and as mentioned it seemed to work. when the options showed up I just said to continue to windows. Was that the right thing or should it have been a different option? I was just going for the view of all the options being there.

    If all good so far, what cleanup is there left to do?

    Thanks so much for your help here and sticking with me even thru all the mis-steps I made.

    Cheers!

    Garry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-01T21:19:02+00:00

    Well, that sounds great. It boots properly to both Windows & to the recovery environment now. That's right, "Continue" is what gets back to Windows from the recovery environment. You might have traversed the various options first. For instance, "Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt". Then, exit the Command Prompt with its "X" or by typing "Exit", & click "Continue" to get back to Windows. But I suppose all is well. Here is the cleanup...

    Type "CMD" into Search, & click "Run as Administrator".

    BCDEdit /Export C:\BU\BCD_Backup <<<Overwrite old with new BCD backup

    BCDEdit /Delete {c4337ee6-11b0-11ec-ab4f-806e6f6e6963}

    BCDEdit /Delete {c4337ee8-11b0-11ec-ab4f-806e6f6e6963}

    BCDEdit /Delete {c4337ee7-11b0-11ec-ab4f-806e6f6e6963}

    BCDEdit /Delete {c4337ee3-11b0-11ec-ab4f-806e6f6e6963}

    That makes a fresh BCD_Backup, then deletes unused & unwanted entries from the BCD. Do a reboot to Windows for certainty all is well. Then...

    BCDEdit /Export C:\BU\BCD_Backup <<<One final save of the BCD

    BCDEdit /Enum All <<<Show it for a final look

    That should do it. Looks like all went well. Good going on your part & mine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-11-01T22:59:59+00:00

    Hi PCR,,,

    OK... followed the instructions above in your last replay.

    All good except for the first delete. came back with a not found. All the others worked as well.

    Forgot to capture the scree details before I rebooted though.

    Rebooted using shift + restart, saw all the options then did just a continue to Windows. Windows started successfully.

    here is the results of the last 2 commands:

    BCDEdit /Export C:\BU\BCD_Backup <<<One final save of the BCD

    BCDEdit /Enum All <<<Show it for a final look

    Note at the bottom that I now have a new partition H in windows explorer but not in Disk Management. Can that be removed?

    I think so but not sure.

    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.1288]

    (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>BCDEdit /Export C:\BU\BCD_Backup

    The operation completed successfully.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>BCDEdit /Enum All

    Firmware Boot Manager


    identifier {fwbootmgr}

    displayorder {bootmgr}

    timeout 0

    Windows Boot Manager


    identifier {bootmgr}

    device partition=\Device\HarddiskVolume2

    path \EFI\MICROSOFT\BOOT\BOOTMGFW.EFI

    description Windows Boot Manager

    locale en-US

    inherit {globalsettings}

    default {current}

    resumeobject {00699258-3744-11eb-956e-efd836ee9db2}

    displayorder {current}

    toolsdisplayorder {memdiag}

    timeout 30

    Windows Boot Loader


    identifier {current}

    device partition=C:

    path \WINDOWS\system32\winload.efi

    description Windows 10

    locale en-US

    inherit {bootloadersettings}

    recoverysequence {201ca33c-3744-11eb-ab08-a9da93046d68}

    displaymessageoverride Recovery

    recoveryenabled Yes

    allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075

    osdevice partition=C:

    systemroot \WINDOWS

    resumeobject {00699258-3744-11eb-956e-efd836ee9db2}

    nx OptIn

    bootmenupolicy Standard

    Windows Boot Loader


    identifier {201ca33c-3744-11eb-ab08-a9da93046d68}

    device ramdisk=[H:]\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim,{becbfbbc-74c1-11e3-a193-d3e592cc6be4}

    path \windows\system32\winload.efi

    description Windows Recovery Environment

    locale en-US

    inherit {bootloadersettings}

    displaymessage Recovery

    osdevice ramdisk=[H:]\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim,{becbfbbc-74c1-11e3-a193-d3e592cc6be4}

    systemroot \windows

    nx OptIn

    bootmenupolicy Standard

    winpe Yes

    Windows Boot Loader


    identifier {becbfbbb-74c1-11e3-a193-d3e592cc6be4}

    device partition=C:

    path \windows\system32\winload.efi

    description Windows Recovery Environment

    inherit {bootloadersettings}

    osdevice partition=C:

    systemroot \windows

    nx OptIn

    winpe Yes

    Resume from Hibernate


    identifier {00699258-3744-11eb-956e-efd836ee9db2}

    device partition=C:

    path \WINDOWS\system32\winresume.efi

    description Windows Resume Application

    locale en-US

    inherit {resumeloadersettings}

    recoverysequence {201ca33c-3744-11eb-ab08-a9da93046d68}

    recoveryenabled Yes

    allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075

    filedevice partition=C:

    filepath \hiberfil.sys

    bootmenupolicy Standard

    debugoptionenabled No

    Windows Memory Tester


    identifier {memdiag}

    device unknown

    path \boot\memtest.exe

    description Windows Memory Diagnostic

    locale en-US

    inherit {globalsettings}

    badmemoryaccess Yes

    EMS Settings


    identifier {emssettings}

    bootems No

    Debugger Settings


    identifier {dbgsettings}

    debugtype Serial

    debugport 1

    baudrate 115200

    RAM Defects


    identifier {badmemory}

    Global Settings


    identifier {globalsettings}

    inherit {dbgsettings}

                        {emssettings} 
    
                        {badmemory} 
    

    Boot Loader Settings


    identifier {bootloadersettings}

    inherit {globalsettings}

                        {hypervisorsettings} 
    

    Hypervisor Settings


    identifier {hypervisorsettings}

    hypervisordebugtype Serial

    hypervisordebugport 1

    hypervisorbaudrate 115200

    Resume Loader Settings


    identifier {resumeloadersettings}

    inherit {globalsettings}

    Device options


    identifier {201ca33d-3744-11eb-ab08-a9da93046d68}

    description Windows Recovery

    ramdisksdidevice partition=H:

    ramdisksdipath \Recovery\WindowsRE\boot.sdi

    Device options


    identifier {becbfbbc-74c1-11e3-a193-d3e592cc6be4}

    description Ramdisk Options

    ramdisksdidevice partition=H:

    ramdisksdipath \Recovery\WindowsRE\boot.sdi

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments