You have been a true gentleman. I have learned a lot. But no taskbar. If you think of something else please let me know.
after updating to windows 11 i lose the taskbar at the bottom of the screen
I have a Microsoft surface 3 laptop. After I update to windows 11 I lose the taskbar at the bottom, I have installed the most recent updates. Is there a fix to this?
Thanks in advance
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-10-17T12:58:57+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-10-17T13:05:25+00:00 You have been a true gentleman. I have learned a lot. But no taskbar. If you think of something else please let me know.
-
Anonymous
2021-10-17T13:13:04+00:00 You have been a true gentleman. I have learned a lot. But no taskbar. If you think of something else please let me know.
-
Anonymous
2021-10-17T15:23:32+00:00 Still dosent work
-
Anonymous
2021-10-17T16:16:11+00:00 Hi Louis Scamardella,
No taskbar icons on windows 11 - Microsoft Tech Community
Referencing below info from this user who had same issue ^^
1: Ctrl-Shift-Delete, open task manager.
2: Press run new task, type wt, choose run as administrator.
3 : If it is default to PowerShell, if it is on Cmd Prompt, choose the down arrow in menu bar to choose powershell admin.
4 : Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"
5: Also doing Sfc/scannow is what worked for the user.
6: Restart Computer and restarting explorer.exe in task manager
7: If you have similar issue you can open recovery tool from Win+r menu and type SystemPropertiesProtection. If you need it, try this step listed as well.
Kindly let us know if you fix it by using the above steps. I don't know if the Bing Wallpaper app has anything to do with this, Ctr- R, type control. Uninstall Bing wallpaper.
Thanks,
Shawn