after updating to windows 11 i lose the taskbar at the bottom of the screen

Anonymous
2021-10-16T11:13:48+00:00

I have a Microsoft surface 3 laptop. After I update to windows 11 I lose the taskbar at the bottom, I have installed the most recent updates. Is there a fix to this?

Thanks in advance

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-16T14:07:09+00:00

    Okay, try this:

    Open Settings by pressing Windows+I

    go to System > scroll down > Recovery > Restart now > Restart.

    Wait for some time.

    Then click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Repair.

    Let the repair finish.

    If that didn't work, press Windows+R and type cmd.

    Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter and click on Yes.

    In the black window, type sfc /scannow.

    Press enter.

    Let the scan finish.

    Then restart the PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-16T14:34:34+00:00

    I was not able to do therepair. the next option I got this message

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-16T15:08:37+00:00

    is there a way to wipeout everything on the PC and start with a fresh windows 11 install, not an upgrade from windows 10. Will that work?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-16T15:23:06+00:00

    Do you think it is my virus protection?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. JX313 7,055 Reputation points
    2021-10-16T15:33:47+00:00

    Sorry for interrupting, just decided to help out. :D

    It seems like you didn't run Command Prompt as administrator. To open the elevated (administrator) mode, press Win key + R > type cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter > click Yes when UAC shows > now run the command given by the user,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments