after updating to windows 11 i lose the taskbar at the bottom of the screen

Anonymous
2021-10-16T11:13:48+00:00

I have a Microsoft surface 3 laptop. After I update to windows 11 I lose the taskbar at the bottom, I have installed the most recent updates. Is there a fix to this?

Thanks in advance

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-18T03:53:14+00:00

    Again, you didn't run Terminal as administrator.

    From the previous screenshots, seems like you can open the start menu.

    So press Windows+S to open Search.

    Type cmd and click on Run as administrator.

    Click on Yes.

    Then enter the commands given.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-17T17:08:44+00:00

    This is all I get

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-17T17:07:18+00:00

    this is all i get

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-17T16:16:11+00:00

    Hi Louis Scamardella,

    No taskbar icons on windows 11 - Microsoft Tech Community

    Referencing below info from this user who had same issue ^^

    1: Ctrl-Shift-Delete, open task manager.

    2: Press run new task, type wt, choose run as administrator.

    3 : If it is default to PowerShell, if it is on Cmd Prompt, choose the down arrow in menu bar to choose powershell admin.

    4 : Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"­

    5: Also doing Sfc/scannow is what worked for the user.

    6: Restart Computer and restarting explorer.exe in task manager

    7: If you have similar issue you can open recovery tool from Win+r  menu and type SystemPropertiesProtection. If you need it, try this step listed as well.

    Kindly let us know if you fix it by using the above steps. I don't know if the Bing Wallpaper app has anything to do with this, Ctr- R, type control. Uninstall Bing wallpaper.

    Thanks,

    Shawn

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-17T15:23:32+00:00

    Still dosent work

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments