Thanks for your kind comments! I TRY to help people with more urgent problems, but I'm no computer geek by any means.
I'll just search and search for answers and see if I can find something to help someone out. People here have helped ME, so I TRY.
The more complex/confusing problems I leave to the "experts."
YES, I am very cautious when dealing with the registry. I have only made a few changes in that (scary and dangerous) place for me when walked through it and after backing up the registry. I do realize MS does "fix" some of the settings I've changed in the past with updates. Eh.
As far as the jump list being included in the future to block the search "pop-up" -- I really don't see that happening at all because
MS wants us to use it. End of Story. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a REALLY big deal. I'll just try to ignore it as you said. Grrr.
I Like that I can toggle off jump lists being shown. I'm grateful that, so far, I don't have worse problems-- as many here do!
Appreciate you for responding, and I do take note of all the help you are giving people! Kudos!