Cumulative updates July 2021

Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2021-07-14T02:40:19+00:00

This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on July 13th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. 

  1. Windows 10 version 2004, version 20H2, and version 21H1 KB5004237- Build 19041.1110, 19042.1110 and 19043.1110.

For information about Windows update terminology, see the article about the types of Windows updates and the monthly quality update types. 

Download KB5004237 from theMicrosoft Update Catalog.

Windows 10 release dashboard

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/

Windows 10 update history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-update-history-7dd3071a-3906-fa2c-c342-f7f86728a6e3

Windows 10 Lifecycle FAQ

Lifecycle FAQ - Windows - Microsoft Lifecycle | Microsoft Docs

Windows 10 message center

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/windows-message-center#407

Known issues

Symptom Workaround
When using the Microsoft Japanese Input Method Editor (IME) to enter Kanji characters in an app that automatically allows the input of Furigana characters, you might not get the correct Furigana characters. You might need to enter the Furigana characters manually.<br><br>NoteThe affected apps are using the ImmGetCompositionString() function. We are working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
Devices with Windows installations created from custom offline media or custom ISO image might have Microsoft Edge Legacy removed by this update, but not automatically replaced by the new Microsoft Edge. This issue is only encountered when custom offline media or ISO images are created by slipstreaming this update into the image without having first installed the standalone servicing stack update (SSU) released March 29, 2021 or later.<br><br>NoteDevices that connect directly to Windows Update to receive updates are not affected. This includes devices using Windows Update for Business. Any device connecting to Windows Update should always receive the latest versions of the SSU and latest cumulative update (LCU) without any extra steps. To avoid this issue, be sure to first slipstream the SSU released March 29, 2021 or later into the custom offline media or ISO image before slipstreaming the LCU. To do this with the combined SSU and LCU packages now used for Windows 10, version 20H2 and Windows 10, version 2004, you will need to extract the SSU from the combined package. Use the following steps to extract the using SSU:<br><ol type="1"><li style="margin-left: 0"><p>Extract the cab from the msu via this command line (using the package for KB5000842 as an example): <b>expand Windows10.0-KB5000842-x64.msu /f:Windows10.0-KB5000842-x64.cab <destination path></b></p></li><li style="margin-left: 0"><p>Extract the SSU from the previously extracted cab via this command line: <b>expand Windows10.0-KB5000842-x64.cab /f:* <destination path></b></p></li><li style="margin-left: 0"><p>You will then have the SSU cab, in this example named <b>SSU-19041.903-x64.cab</b>. Slipstream this file into your offline image first, then the LCU.</p></li></ol><br>If you have already encountered this issue by installing the OS using affected custom media, you can mitigate it by directly installing the new Microsoft Edge. If you need to broadly deploy the new Microsoft Edge for business, see Download and deploy Microsoft Edge for business.

Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

Also read:

Introducing Windows 11 | Windows Experience Blog

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

66 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-17T01:21:37+00:00

    I can't argue against what you say. We should have a choice to opt out of everything. I guess MSFT didn't include it because they believe it's for our eyes only. And it does appear to have the stuff I most recently/frequently have clicked. They want it to be easier to click a second time. Oddly, I never do click them there though, but maybe I'll start soon. I do like typing "Notepad" into Search & seeing the last 12 items I've opened just a click away under "Recent"...

    Those can be right-clicked & removed. It would be nice if all of it could be. Sorry I can't help with that. If ever MSFT adds it, I guess it would be at "Search, More (3 dots), Search settings"...

    Hmm, I don't know, what happens if you disallow results from your MSFT account...?...

    And further down you can turn off & clear search history...

    I don't know how well that works. I kind of like them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-16T12:13:18+00:00

    window not update why problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-16T00:59:56+00:00

    TODAY: Received the Latest Cumulative Update: KB5004237

    WINDOWS 10 HOME - 64bit- Ver: 21H1 - OS build: 19043.1110

    I've web-searched six ways to Sunday for an answer - coming up empty!

    Is there ANY WAY to get rid of these invasive Bing quick search Menu(s) from the search box?? I left feedback but I'm sure the complaint will fall on deaf ears. I have no use for 99% of what they are throwing in my face. I never use Bing and won't until it's forced upon me. If I want the weather or news, I'll check my phone. Today in history and coronavirus trends.. no use for it.

    I have not been able to find anything relevant on line for this latest intrusion. Of course, that's my opinion... perhaps some of you like it.

    They used to put things on the taskbar which was easy enough to turn off. Unless I'm missing something obvious, it seems there is no way to turn this new crud OFF! l looked up the "old" way via editing the registry, but that pertains to older versions/updates. The registry path to follow is not there as info given in on-line articles. I'm not very tech savvy - know just enough to be dangerous.

    PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG and tell me there is an easy way to rid this. Much thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-16T01:36:06+00:00

    Why can't you just ignore it & just type into the box? I looked & can't see how to turn it off (but wouldn't want to). Here's mine...

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more