I have 8gb of ram available but only 3.46 is usable on my windows 10 lenovo laptop.

Anonymous
2021-06-09T10:49:53+00:00

I have 8gb of ram available but only 3.46 is usable on my windows 10 lenovo laptop. I tried doing a BIOS update but it did not update, it said u need a G50-45 build to update. I did have it but my warranty had expired, maybe the reason. I want to know how I can make my laptop use more of the ram that is available. Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Pallav Chakraborty 1,360 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2021-06-13T07:56:36+00:00

If you keep it as it is, it'll just be a redundant piece of hardware drawing extra power. Just remove it and replace it with a compatible module.

As for performance, Windows 10 performs best with 8GB or more RAM.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T14:39:40+00:00

    Thanks. Please download Lenovo Diagnostic and run a ram test. Use the following link to download the tool:

    https://support.lenovo.com/do/en/solutions/down...

    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T14:41:04+00:00

    Could I get feedback on the numpad and the first ram not being able to boot the pc situation

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T14:46:26+00:00

    Yes, if your computer has a hardware issue, the tool will show you what parts are in trouble.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T14:56:40+00:00

    There are no problems with the memory

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments