If you keep it as it is, it'll just be a redundant piece of hardware drawing extra power. Just remove it and replace it with a compatible module.
As for performance, Windows 10 performs best with 8GB or more RAM.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have 8gb of ram available but only 3.46 is usable on my windows 10 lenovo laptop. I tried doing a BIOS update but it did not update, it said u need a G50-45 build to update. I did have it but my warranty had expired, maybe the reason. I want to know how I can make my laptop use more of the ram that is available. Thank you.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
If you keep it as it is, it'll just be a redundant piece of hardware drawing extra power. Just remove it and replace it with a compatible module.
As for performance, Windows 10 performs best with 8GB or more RAM.
The memory module with which the laptop didn't boot Windows is faulty and you'll have to replace it.
Thanks np, you were great help Jose.
Yes, maybe I'll replace it, or keep it as it is. Does it change the performance?
Hi, my name is Claudeir, user and independent consultant, welcome to the community! It will be a pleasure to help!
-I understand you, and I know how frustrating it can be when something doesn't work the way it should:
My suggestion after all the tests you've done is that you do a system recovery, because the system may have sent the rest of the memory to use the video card or other system resources, if even recovering Windows claiming to have 8GB but only 3.46 usable, take your device to a specialized technical assistance to test your memory on another laptop, as surely there may be a hardware problem, even if the Lenovo software has not identified it in your test .
What about Windows memory test, what is the result? Windows+Q, search for Windows Memory Diagnostics, press enter and take the test.
For System Recovery: Windows+i, Update and Security, Recovery, get started now. You can keep your files.
If the answer helped in any way, please consider leaving your opinion, marking it as answered or leaving more details so that we can continue the service, this is very important to us.
Sincerely,
Claudeir