If you keep it as it is, it'll just be a redundant piece of hardware drawing extra power. Just remove it and replace it with a compatible module.
As for performance, Windows 10 performs best with 8GB or more RAM.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have 8gb of ram available but only 3.46 is usable on my windows 10 lenovo laptop. I tried doing a BIOS update but it did not update, it said u need a G50-45 build to update. I did have it but my warranty had expired, maybe the reason. I want to know how I can make my laptop use more of the ram that is available. Thank you.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
If you keep it as it is, it'll just be a redundant piece of hardware drawing extra power. Just remove it and replace it with a compatible module.
As for performance, Windows 10 performs best with 8GB or more RAM.
Remove the tick from the check box and select OK. It should prompt to restart so restart as instructed.
There is no need to restrict the amount of RAM, which is what that setting is for, so be sure the tick is removed.
Thank you. My next suggestion is verify if video memory. Open the task manager again, select the performance tab and select GPU from the left side. Please verify the amount of RAM that is used by the video.
it's x64bits
Thank you so much. Niw let's see which Windows version is installed: 32bits or 64bits.
Please right click over Start button and select Run, then type msinfo32 and click the ok button. Look for system type and verify if it is x86 or x64.