Please find it attached
Windows update error encountered (0x80070424)
Hello,
I'm not able to update windows software, i have tried manual updating using Windows 10 update assistant but once I wanna install it tells me that i'm downgrading and that Windows has to delete all my files if i go ahead which is odd.
I have also tried w10-wuauserv.reg method as i saw it on the forum but didn't work as well.
I might have messed with the cmd prompt at some point but not sure if that is the reason behind the error and I don't know how to go back to point null to see if that's the case.
Please help..
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-06-15T15:22:59+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-06-15T15:39:11+00:00 It's ok. For an unknown reason, the service is hidden. Could you run again this commands running CMD as administrator please?
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
sfc /scannow
After that, try to run Windows update
-
Anonymous
2021-06-15T16:57:09+00:00 Man you are a life saver, you have no idea how relieved i am! This actually worked.
What do you suggest doing now?
btw the windows security center service can't be started for some reason
thanks so much
-
Anonymous
2021-06-15T17:40:51+00:00 So good.
Try to run this troubleshooter to fix Windows Security.