Windows update error encountered (0x80070424)

Anonymous
2021-06-11T10:14:26+00:00

Hello,

I'm not able to update windows software, i have tried manual updating using Windows 10 update assistant but once I wanna install it tells me that i'm downgrading and that Windows has to delete all my files if i go ahead which is odd.

I have also tried w10-wuauserv.reg method as i saw it on the forum but didn't work as well.

I might have messed with the cmd prompt at some point but not sure if that is the reason behind the error and I don't know how to go back to point null to see if that's the case.

Please help..

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-13T19:03:23+00:00

    Hi Jerico, my name is Jose. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Windows user like you. I'm glad to assist you.

    Please, which Windows version do you have installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-12T00:05:29+00:00

    Hi AbruptLazax -

    Thanks for the update. Kind a weird, that screen shouldn't appear. I apologize I ran out of ideas, maybe someone has a better resolve.

    Regards,

    Jerico T.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T15:20:03+00:00

    Hi Jerico,

    I went ahead with upgrading and got to this error, any clue what is happening?

    Please check the bottom message, this is frustrating..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T14:58:06+00:00

    Hi AbruptLazax -

    Kindly select Upgrade PC. I'll provide you a link that has a video for the step by step process.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    Thank you,

    Jerico T.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T14:54:00+00:00

    Hi Jerico,

    Thanks for the response

    When i run the tool and proceed it gives me 2 options, first one is: upgrade pc

    and second is: In the tool, select Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO) for another PC > Next

    Which one do i go for?

    And what is the next step? as no details are shown in the link you sent me

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments