language set is English (U.S)
Windows update error encountered (0x80070424)
Hello,
I'm not able to update windows software, i have tried manual updating using Windows 10 update assistant but once I wanna install it tells me that i'm downgrading and that Windows has to delete all my files if i go ahead which is odd.
I have also tried w10-wuauserv.reg method as i saw it on the forum but didn't work as well.
I might have messed with the cmd prompt at some point but not sure if that is the reason behind the error and I don't know how to go back to point null to see if that's the case.
Please help..
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-06-13T20:41:09+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-06-13T20:06:21+00:00 Thank you so much. Finally I need to know which Windows locale setting do you have. Please select Start button and type Control Panel. Locate Region, and then clicking Region and Language. Next click the Administrative tab. Which language do you have set in locale?
-
Anonymous
2021-06-13T19:55:59+00:00 Hi again,
Please find below:
version20H2 (OS build 19042.631)
-
Anonymous
2021-06-13T19:29:40+00:00 Thanks. Please right click over Start button and select Run, then type winver and click run. Post here the current Windows build.
-
Anonymous
2021-06-13T19:25:47+00:00 Hi Jose,
The issue is happening on my pc, which is running Windows 10 home (not activated)
Please let me know if any other explanation required.
Thank you