Let try again. Please select Start and type CMD. From the right menu select run as administrator, then paste again the command.
Windows update error encountered (0x80070424)
Hello,
I'm not able to update windows software, i have tried manual updating using Windows 10 update assistant but once I wanna install it tells me that i'm downgrading and that Windows has to delete all my files if i go ahead which is odd.
I have also tried w10-wuauserv.reg method as i saw it on the forum but didn't work as well.
I might have messed with the cmd prompt at some point but not sure if that is the reason behind the error and I don't know how to go back to point null to see if that's the case.
Please help..
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-06-14T10:42:15+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-06-14T10:35:19+00:00 Tried the command and received the below error:
Error: 740
Elevated permissions are required to run DISM.
Use an elevated command prompt to complete these tasks.
My laptop is a Lenovo v330-15IKB
Model: 81AX
Now i cant find the Bluetooth option anymore because i cant update my windows software apparently.. Please help with this error and its escalating and i soon i wont be able to use my laptop..
-
Anonymous
2021-06-14T09:52:48+00:00 Could you run this command in cmd to verify language settings, please?
DISM /online /get-intl
Then paste the result here.
Additionally, what is your computer brand and model?
-
Anonymous
2021-06-13T22:06:07+00:00 It was the default language i chose when i downloaded Windows 10
-
Anonymous
2021-06-13T21:46:50+00:00 Thabk you. When you installed Windows, that was the default language or you changed it to English?