Windows update error encountered (0x80070424)

Anonymous
2021-06-11T10:14:26+00:00

Hello,

I'm not able to update windows software, i have tried manual updating using Windows 10 update assistant but once I wanna install it tells me that i'm downgrading and that Windows has to delete all my files if i go ahead which is odd.

I have also tried w10-wuauserv.reg method as i saw it on the forum but didn't work as well.

I might have messed with the cmd prompt at some point but not sure if that is the reason behind the error and I don't know how to go back to point null to see if that's the case.

Please help..

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-15T15:39:11+00:00

    It's ok. For an unknown reason, the service is hidden. Could you run again this commands running CMD as administrator please?

    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

    sfc /scannow

    After that, try to run Windows update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-15T15:25:24+00:00

    and this as well if needed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-15T15:22:59+00:00

    Please find it attached

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-15T15:13:07+00:00

    Windows update service still missing. Please open Regedit and expand the following path:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wuauserv

    Take a screenshot and paste here, please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-15T15:03:09+00:00

    Again background intelligent transfer service is there but i had to run it, now its running but startup type is: Automatic (delayed start)

    As for windows update I can only see windows update medic service and I pressed start after right clicking on it and now the status is: Running

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments