Hi Jude
You ran the correct file, and there is no way to test for system stability, it is just a case of waiting to see if the crashes have stopped.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm having another issue like I did earlier this year. Over the past few days I have been having bluescreens. Finally today I had two different ones (With different messages) within about 2 hours of each other and I began to freak out.
The first bluescreen (That I didn't manage to get a picture of) was an attempt to write to read-only memory
The second (which has a picture in the minidump folder below) was a "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" And I have no idea what that even means.
I have included the memory dump from the first (Just called memory dump) and the second called "071821-13796-01.dmp"
Additionally I included a screenshot from the reliability history to show the time of both events. It also told me (Though this bit isn't in the picture) that all crashes so far have come the day after a windows update.
Possible additional symptoms:
Slow internet speed (But i'm not sure as others in the house are reporting it and their computers are fine, that's causing the minidump upload to be very slow regardless. If you don't mind I'll be posting this question first and adding the dump files when they finish uploading.)
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Jude
You ran the correct file, and there is no way to test for system stability, it is just a case of waiting to see if the crashes have stopped.
Two questions this time.
I'm not quite sure if it worked/if I used it properly (As in the installer, I don't know if I ran it correctly. I ran SetupME, should I have run InstUpd instead? It (InstUpd) looked older and smaller so I didn't know if it was correct. SetupME claimed it repaired a few files when I ran it.
Second, is there an actual test for system stability other than just using it for a few hours/days?
Hi Jude
Here is the direct link to download the Chipset driver for your motherboard, install that then test if your system is stable.
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand which thing I need to install. I've never had to do this kind of repair before. I don't know the manufacturer as this computer came pre-built.
Just looking up what you posted led me to this site (https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H310M-S2H-20-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver) but I don't know if that's the right one. Even if it is the right one, I don't know which download I need from that site.
Can you be more specific please?
Thank you for any help.
Hi Jude
Your minidump files just indicate memory (RAM) corruption no specific driver is listed
1
Go to the support page for your H310M S2H Motherboard on the manufacturers website, then from there, download and install the version of Chipset drivers they recommend and while there, check for any BIOS update that may need to be installed
2
Wait to see if your system stabilizes, if not, the best option is to download the widely available free utility MemTest86, then run a full 4 pass scan with that to test your RAM for physical errors