Blue screen twice in one day

Anonymous
2021-07-18T08:33:51+00:00

I'm having another issue like I did earlier this year. Over the past few days I have been having bluescreens. Finally today I had two different ones (With different messages) within about 2 hours of each other and I began to freak out.

The first bluescreen (That I didn't manage to get a picture of) was an attempt to write to read-only memory

The second (which has a picture in the minidump folder below) was a "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" And I have no idea what that even means.

I have included the memory dump from the first (Just called memory dump) and the second called "071821-13796-01.dmp"

Additionally I included a screenshot from the reliability history to show the time of both events. It also told me (Though this bit isn't in the picture) that all crashes so far have come the day after a windows update.

Possible additional symptoms:

Slow internet speed (But i'm not sure as others in the house are reporting it and their computers are fine, that's causing the minidump upload to be very slow regardless. If you don't mind I'll be posting this question first and adding the dump files when they finish uploading.)

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-07-19T10:46:40+00:00

    Hi Jude

    Yes, that Setup.exe file will install the driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-19T10:44:55+00:00

    As I said earlier, it extracts in such a way to allow me to see it's contents. With file names like "0x0c0c"

    ...I found an application in it called Setup.

    I think I've just been really dumb.

    I'll wait for your reply but should that do the trick?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-07-19T10:40:31+00:00

    Hi Jude,

    Okay and if you run that extractor, what happens?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-19T10:38:48+00:00

    It opens up it's own extractor.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-07-19T10:37:32+00:00

    Hi Jude

    What happens if you just double click the 7Zip exe file that was extracted from the zip file?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments