Blue screen twice in one day

Anonymous
2021-07-18T08:33:51+00:00

I'm having another issue like I did earlier this year. Over the past few days I have been having bluescreens. Finally today I had two different ones (With different messages) within about 2 hours of each other and I began to freak out.

The first bluescreen (That I didn't manage to get a picture of) was an attempt to write to read-only memory

The second (which has a picture in the minidump folder below) was a "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" And I have no idea what that even means.

I have included the memory dump from the first (Just called memory dump) and the second called "071821-13796-01.dmp"

Additionally I included a screenshot from the reliability history to show the time of both events. It also told me (Though this bit isn't in the picture) that all crashes so far have come the day after a windows update.

Possible additional symptoms:

Slow internet speed (But i'm not sure as others in the house are reporting it and their computers are fine, that's causing the minidump upload to be very slow regardless. If you don't mind I'll be posting this question first and adding the dump files when they finish uploading.)

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-07-21T06:45:59+00:00

    Hi Jude,

    That new minidump file just indicates memory (RAM) corruption, did you ever get to run that MemTest 86 4 pass scan?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-21T05:52:04+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-21T05:36:12+00:00

    Just got another blue screen but the internet is bad enough that I’m having trouble uploading the log. I have the blue screen at least though I doubt it can be much help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-07-19T10:59:05+00:00

    Hi Jude,

    if you have now installed the driver, restart (not shut down) your PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-19T10:50:10+00:00

    So it should be safe now?

    Or should I reboot first?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments