Hi Jude,
No, that would not affect the test, you seem to have 8GB of RAM and that is usually enough unless you are a heavy gamer.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm having another issue like I did earlier this year. Over the past few days I have been having bluescreens. Finally today I had two different ones (With different messages) within about 2 hours of each other and I began to freak out.
The first bluescreen (That I didn't manage to get a picture of) was an attempt to write to read-only memory
The second (which has a picture in the minidump folder below) was a "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" And I have no idea what that even means.
I have included the memory dump from the first (Just called memory dump) and the second called "071821-13796-01.dmp"
Additionally I included a screenshot from the reliability history to show the time of both events. It also told me (Though this bit isn't in the picture) that all crashes so far have come the day after a windows update.
Possible additional symptoms:
Slow internet speed (But i'm not sure as others in the house are reporting it and their computers are fine, that's causing the minidump upload to be very slow regardless. If you don't mind I'll be posting this question first and adding the dump files when they finish uploading.)
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Jude,
No, that would not affect the test, you seem to have 8GB of RAM and that is usually enough unless you are a heavy gamer.
This computer only has one stick of RAM, could that have any effect?
Hi Jude
It is very strange that test completed in seconds, it should take a lot longer to run a 15 loop test.
If you have never been in your BIOS previously, then most likely there is no XMP profile set to adjust the clock speed of your RAM, so don't worry about that.
I was worried that the "Memory Locking Failed" meant it didn't work properly. I set it to stop after 15 loops so I'll assume it did all of it. It feels odd that it only took a few seconds.
If it did work fine, I don't know what "if you boot your PC into BIOS, is there an XMP profile set on your RAM?" means. It's something I haven't dealt with before.
Hi Jude,
Okay that test seems to have completed, indicating no problems on your RAM, was that a full 15 loop test?
If so, then there are no errors on your RAM, if you boot your PC into BIOS, is there an XMP profile set on your RAM?