Blue screen twice in one day

Anonymous
2021-07-18T08:33:51+00:00

I'm having another issue like I did earlier this year. Over the past few days I have been having bluescreens. Finally today I had two different ones (With different messages) within about 2 hours of each other and I began to freak out.

The first bluescreen (That I didn't manage to get a picture of) was an attempt to write to read-only memory

The second (which has a picture in the minidump folder below) was a "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" And I have no idea what that even means.

I have included the memory dump from the first (Just called memory dump) and the second called "071821-13796-01.dmp"

Additionally I included a screenshot from the reliability history to show the time of both events. It also told me (Though this bit isn't in the picture) that all crashes so far have come the day after a windows update.

Possible additional symptoms:

Slow internet speed (But i'm not sure as others in the house are reporting it and their computers are fine, that's causing the minidump upload to be very slow regardless. If you don't mind I'll be posting this question first and adding the dump files when they finish uploading.)

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-07-19T09:44:23+00:00

    Hi Jude

    The Driver Verifier sump file indicates the crash was related to the network card device driver, go to the support page for your PC and from there, download and re-install the network card device drivers they recommend.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-19T09:32:20+00:00

    Ok it booted and so far seems to be working.

    Minidumps are here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmYg1GPVTXZwg8tZkUf0kSBxiDbcDQ?e=goU0ss (As I said, the driver verifier only created one minidump. The crash after turning off the verifier created another)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-07-19T09:17:39+00:00

    Hi Jude,

    Okay, start your PC again, and see if it boots into Windows 10 normally.

    If not:

    Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down

    Do this twice

    On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt... etc.

    Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Command Prompt

    Run these two commands one after the other, then restart your PC:

    verifier /reset

    verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-19T09:02:15+00:00

    Posting this from phone, computer crashed twice when booting and then once more after I disabled the verifier.

    I’m now a bit scared to even turn the pc on in fear that it won’t even work so getting the mini dump (only one was created by the two boots) to you will be hard.

    I do have the pictures of the blue screens on my phone though, I need an email to send them to though

    Please help if you can.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-07-19T08:47:06+00:00

    Hi Jude,

    Yes, you can continue using your PC normally, just save your work regularly, so you do not loose and of your work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments