Blue screen twice in one day

Anonymous
2021-07-18T08:33:51+00:00

I'm having another issue like I did earlier this year. Over the past few days I have been having bluescreens. Finally today I had two different ones (With different messages) within about 2 hours of each other and I began to freak out.

The first bluescreen (That I didn't manage to get a picture of) was an attempt to write to read-only memory

The second (which has a picture in the minidump folder below) was a "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" And I have no idea what that even means.

I have included the memory dump from the first (Just called memory dump) and the second called "071821-13796-01.dmp"

Additionally I included a screenshot from the reliability history to show the time of both events. It also told me (Though this bit isn't in the picture) that all crashes so far have come the day after a windows update.

Possible additional symptoms:

Slow internet speed (But i'm not sure as others in the house are reporting it and their computers are fine, that's causing the minidump upload to be very slow regardless. If you don't mind I'll be posting this question first and adding the dump files when they finish uploading.)

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-19T08:43:14+00:00

    Ok, about to begin the verifier.

    I think this was used last time there was an issue but I'm asking this because I can't remember the answer I was given:

    Should I still do normal things with the computer with the verifier on or should I just leave it alone until it's crashed three times?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-07-19T08:31:34+00:00

    Hi Jude

    There is nothing specific listed in that new minidump file, to try to force Windows 10 show any faulting drivers, the best option would be to turn on Driver Verifier, let your PC crash 3 times, then you must turn off Driver Verifier, and finally, upload any newly created minidump files

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    Please remember, you must turn off Driver Verifier after 3 crashes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-19T08:28:50+00:00

    It's crashed again today. I have the new minidump and images below.

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmYg1GPVTXZwg8tY9j8lUTolRP_crg?e=3rDa3n Thank you for any help you can give.

    I'm even more worried this time because the blue screen mentioned faulty hardware.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-07-18T10:10:34+00:00

    Hi Jude

    You ran the correct file, and there is no way to test for system stability, it is just a case of waiting to see if the crashes have stopped.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-18T09:59:34+00:00

    Two questions this time.

    I'm not quite sure if it worked/if I used it properly (As in the installer, I don't know if I ran it correctly. I ran SetupME, should I have run InstUpd instead? It (InstUpd) looked older and smaller so I didn't know if it was correct. SetupME claimed it repaired a few files when I ran it.

    Second, is there an actual test for system stability other than just using it for a few hours/days?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments