Windows Taskbar "News and interests" is suddenly displaying chinese news and weather and I don't know how to fix it.

Anonymous
2021-06-03T21:12:08+00:00

The button to change languages is also missing.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-17T16:55:38+00:00

    I have the same problem, changing region and language at link above didn't help. News and interests are still in Chinese. I don't use a VPN, I haven't switched to Chinese anytime in the past (I don't read Chinese nor I am interested in Chinese news). So no idea why it happens. Cannot fix it and it makes News and Interests unusable to me.

    i am having the same problem , so if anyone knows what to do please let me know

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-18T19:33:26+00:00

    I have the same problem in India

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-19T02:18:09+00:00

    Hi JesseNelms and all who are having the same problem as I am,

    I am not a MS team nor I represent them in anyway.   As what they (advisor and all) have said, the solution is I did is just very simple.  Go to your settings (gear icon) then scroll all the way down to "RESET SETTINGS" and your problem will be gone just as I did.  After that you can restart/turn off your computer then power it back on...

    Good luck.

    DM_341

    Not an Independent Advisor nor Volunteer Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-24T04:45:03+00:00

    Mine is in Indonesian , all language settings is set to English and all location settings set to Australia

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-04T06:54:50+00:00

    any one knows how to fix this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments