Windows Taskbar "News and interests" is suddenly displaying chinese news and weather and I don't know how to fix it.

Anonymous
2021-06-03T21:12:08+00:00

The button to change languages is also missing.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-06-04T04:58:07+00:00

    Can confirm that you are not alone as I also see some reports now. Can you please file feedback?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-04T04:55:16+00:00

    I have the same problem, changing region and language at link above didn't help. News and interests are still in Chinese. I don't use a VPN, I haven't switched to Chinese anytime in the past (I don't read Chinese nor I am interested in Chinese news). So no idea why it happens. Cannot fix it and it makes News and Interests unusable to me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-06-04T02:23:48+00:00

    Hi Jesse, make sure VPN isn't enabled.

    Also make sure the region is set correctly on this page.

    Microsoft News (msn.com)

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-03T21:57:59+00:00

    Hi JesseNelms -

    I'm Kevin B. Independent Advisor and a Windows user like you. I do apologize for the inconvenience that you're experiencing right now, let me help you sort things out.

    Are there any recent changes made on the computer before the issue started?

    Please follow the steps below and check if it helps

    Open you web browser and go to Microsoft News page (MSN page)

    Look for the gear icon on the upper right part of the page and click it

    Under Language & content, change the language to English

    Go to the news and interest feed and refresh

    That should change the language of your News and Interest back to English

    Hope this will help and have a bless day!

    Thanks.

    Kevin B.

    Independent advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments