Windows Taskbar "News and interests" is suddenly displaying chinese news and weather and I don't know how to fix it.

Anonymous
2021-06-03T21:12:08+00:00

The button to change languages is also missing.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-16T18:30:10+00:00

    This worked for me too, just note had to push a few times before it corrected

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-16T17:16:50+00:00

    This same thing happened to me after a windows update. I have since changed to a brand new laptop and as soon as I signed into my microsoft account it changed to chinese on the new machine as well! This appears to be a well documented and reported issue. I now have zero confidence in the competance of the windows developers who seem to be sending out updates with little idea of the problems they cause and even less idea of how to correct them. Unfortunately we as users are tied to their updates. Can't think how any other company would get away with it. Yes I am annoyed and frustrated by this, as who knows what the next update will screw up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-16T16:38:17+00:00

    The same happens to me. I cannot change it since I don't speak Chinese. This happened after a Windows update.!!!!Exactly !!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-30T14:38:13+00:00

    Couldn't able to find language and content drop-down in MSN website as well.

    I believe everywhere the language and content option is not displayed.

    Note: All of other windows users able to see the language settings in the taskbar weather who could see news and weather in English

    My windows language and weather languages are set to English only.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-20T12:11:09+00:00

    I am also facing same issue. When trying to open msn.com, it shows region and language correctly, but in taskbar, i can see i cannot change the region, and the homepage for this opens as msn.cn which is chinese homepage. Its becming annoying now

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments